W damage over time decreased.
The new items and systems have pushed Amumu from strong to overwhelming. We’re pulling back some of his damage over time, which has particularly benefited from the item update.
W – Despair
Passive bonus movement speed to bonus damage conversion decreased. E bonus movement speed decreased later and bugfixed.
The new items give Hecarim a bit too much extra pep in his… gallop? So we’re pulling the reins on his Devastating Charge as well as the AD he gains from running fast.
Passive – Warpath
E – Devastating Charge
Q Rend transfer bugfixed. E damage ratio bugfixed.
Reverting accidental nerfs to Kalista that was shipped in 10.23.
Q – Pierce
E – Rend
Passive bonus attack speed reduced.
We’re partially walking back the change to Kayle’s passive from patch 10.23 to lower her whacking stacking.
Passive – Divine Ascent
Passive melee blade bonus damage ratio decreased; dash range against immobilized enemies decreased.
With more items that grant both lifesteal and crit at her disposal, Samira poses a menacing threat in lane, even when being actively zoned out. We’re nerfing her all-in potential so that she has to think twice before charging in, gun (and blade) blazing.
Passive – Daredevil Impulse
Q bonus AD increased; bonus AD per 1% missing health increased.
Tryndamere is critting less often and for less damage, so we’re amping up his damage.
Q – Bloodlust
Q Blight detonation cooldown reduction removed; damage from Blight effects detonated with Q are now increased by the amount of time Varus charges it for, up to 50%; Q now shows crit text when fully charged. W bonus damage reduced; detonating a Blight stack on enemy champions and Epic Monsters now reduces all basic cooldowns by 12% of the max cooldown per stack. R now snaps Varus to face the target direction on start of cast; missile speed reduced.
As a consistent high-priority pick in Pro play, Varus’ tuning has often left players feeling unsatisfied. To bring him back with vengeance, we’re shifting power away from elements that are typically strong in Pro play—such as reliable CC and lane bullying—and back into Varus’ unique playstyle of charged arrows and spellweaving.
Q – Piercing Arrow
W – Blighted Quiver
R – Chain of Corruption
Passive crit doubling now takes place after Rageblade’s on-hit calculations.
Yasuo’s doubled crit chance was so powerful with Rageblade, the only correct choice was to build it first in every situation. This change addresses that excessive synergy. For full transparency: Given the interactions (like this one) we’ve run into so far, we’re currently targeting next patch for a change that’ll cause Rageblade to remove crit chance from users rather than just prevent crits. If you were wondering whether you’d have to learn the Rageblade playstyle to keep playing Yasuo in preseason, the answer is no.
Passive – Way of the Wanderer
Passive crit doubling now takes place after Rageblade’s on-hit calculations.
Same context applies here as Yasuo above!
Passive – Way of the Hunter
We’re opening jungle sustain back up for AoE casters who have been struggling with the recent changes. This comes with a small knock to the number overall, since most junglers are equipped with some form of AoE that will benefit.
The AoE allowance only applies specifically to Emberknife and Hailblade.
Midlaners hold a significant amount of power across all levels of play. We think pulling a small amount of power out of this lane during early and mid-game will keep things in check, while also nerfing heavy roamers. Of note, these changes went out in patch 10.23, but were missed in the documentation—so if you’ve been counting, you’re not crazy.
- Midlane Cannon Minions now give 10 less gold
- Midlane Cannon Minions now gain 30% increased attack speed against towers
As we wrap up the year, we’ve also wrapped up the Early Surrender and LP Consolation projects we mentioned in September, which are now ready for feedback! We’ve implemented the following:
- If there is an AFK player detected on your team after the 10-minute mark, a surrender vote can occur. For now, this change will only apply to Summoner’s Rift and the vote must be unanimous. If the vote isn’t unanimous, at the 15-minute mark the team can vote again, now only needing a majority vote.
- If a player on your team leaves during a ranked match or is detected as AFK, your LP loss may be reduced. Premades with a disconnect/AFK, provisional players, and players in promotion series will not receive this loss reduction.
For more details, read this article!
We’re continuing to iterate on the Item Shop based on the feedback you’ve given us. As a part of that work, we’re also updating over 60 icons to improve silhouette read, differentiate colors, reduce noise, and improve rendering quality. We hear and agree with the feedback that many of these icons are too difficult to identify quickly and are working towards cleaner, clearer icons. Thanks again for all your feedback!
- Updates to over 60 item icons
- Stomped a ton of bugs in the shop. Our shoes are now disgusting.
- The font size of the shop’s gold display has been embiggened
- Future’s Market now displays your debt limit in the shop.
- Recommended item card titles are now bolder
- Fixed a bug where the tags in recommended item cards had too much padding. We took them to the gym.
- When there is only one or two actual recommendations, no empty item cards will appear in the shop
- Fixed purchase button hover and clicked states
- Player chat will now display behind the item shop until you decide to open it
- Many many fixes to items appearing (or not appearing) in the correct tabs and filter groups
- Selected items in the shop will now have sweet looking magic surrounding them
- Darkened the borders of items you can’t afford to better differentiate them from the ones you can (more coming here soon)
- Made it easier to determine when a recommended item is not affordable
- While the shop is opened, you can now open the extended stats panel
We’ve got another VFX update for you in this patch! It’s time for everyone’s favourite Void bug to skitter into the spotlight: Kha’Zix! And continuing down our Void friends, we’ve got some ear candy (SFX changes) for the Void’s eye…
Once again, our goals for these sorts of smaller updates is to improve the overall gameplay clarity of VFX and SFX whilst bringing them up to modern League of Legends standards. This means that our efforts are primarily aimed at abilities which do not clearly communicate their hitbox.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: We have made improvements to the Champion Select grid, providing a smoother and more reliable experience. It’ll take less time to ban and lock in champions, and animations will feel smoother.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: The Reconnect button should no longer display after a match has completed. Players should now experience the appropriate end-of-game process.
- LEAGUE CLIENT: When the minimum resolution for the client is selected, Summoner Spell descriptions should not longer be blocked
- LEAGUE CLIENT: Skin chromas no longer show the incorrect champion
- LEAGUE CLIENT: The “This skin is currently not available to purchase” tooltip should no longer appear when entering Champion Select
- The player chat has been updated to the new UI tech we’re using in the shop (and other places). It may look a little different, but it still has the same good heart
- If Lissandra uses R – Frozen Tomb after using the Hextech Rocketbelt, she no longer gains an increased amount of healing
- Moving around Stridebreaker to a new item box location no longer refreshes its cooldown
- Silvermere Dawn no longer increases movement speed and its tooltip now reflects as such
- Guinsoo’s Rageblade no longer deals damage to turrets
- Presence of Mind’s mana regen bonus no longer resets every time the champion attacks an enemy champion
- Resistance Yorick’s R – Eulogy of the Isles‘s Maiden of the Mist will no longer automatically move above him when he recalls
- The champion using Shurelya’s Battlesong to buff an ally that receives a kill now properly receives assist credit
- Yone can no longer critically strike with Guinsoo’s Rageblade when he uses his third Q – Mortal Steel attack in melee range
- Divine Sunderer’s passive damage no longer works against turrets
- Zoe’s E2 – Sleepy Trouble Bubble and Vel’Koz’s Q2 – Plasma Fission now properly proc Horizon Focus
- Activating Turbo Chemtank when moving towards a first-tier turret with plates and out-of-vision no longer gives bonus movement speed
- Players can no longer one-hit kill jungle creep (including the Drakes) through a series of steps involving Smite
- Projectiles from Hextech Rocketbelt’s Supersonic no longer goes through champion-created terrain
- Fixed Hextech Rocketbelt’s, Galeforce’s, and Stridebreaker’s tooltips to indicate that their dashes cannot pass through terrain
- Tear of the Goddess’ mana charge no longer triggers off abilities used on Gangplank’s barrels
- Fizz’s W – Seastone Trident can no longer trigger Tear of the Goddess’ mana charge twice
- Ornn no longer causes crashes when picked in Intro Co-Op vs. AI games
- Lucian’s Passive – Lightslinger properly triggers Muramana’s on-hit bonus damage
- Muramana’s on-hit bonus damage now properly doubles every third attack when the user also has a Guinsoo’s Rageblade
- Garen’s E – Judgment‘s crit damage bonus is now properly 33%
- Tahm Kench’s Q – Tongue Lash + W – Devour combo now properly breaks the Rift Scuttler’s shield
- Ekko’s R – Chronobreak no longer forces him to attack the closest target on arrival
- Miss Fortune’s Serylda’s Grudge or Everfrost-empowered E – Make It Rain no longer slows the enemy more than intended
- Katarina can no longer stack Grievous Wounds effects with R – Death Lotus
- Picking up a Summoner Spell shard as Zoe with W – Spell Thief while casting a Teleport shard will no longer duplicate the Teleport shard
- Revitalize now properly increases heals and shields you cast onto or receive from allies by the intended amount
The following skins will be released in this patch.
The following chromas will be released this patch: